The Indian banking sector is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the country and a job in this industry is a dream for many. Every year lakhs of aspirants apply for various competitive exams in the country but only a small part of them is able to crack these exams.
While the major focus is on qualifying Officer cadre examinations, clerical exams hold equal importance among the aspiring candidates. Of the major exams conducted in the country, the State Bank of India, the Reserve Bank of India and the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) are three of the most sought after recruiting organisations.
This year, the SBI Junior Associate Exam notification was released on April 26, 2021, and approximately 5400 vacancies have been released by the conducting body. However, the count of applicants is expected to be much higher in comparison to the released vacancies. Thus, increasing the competition and pressure of the candidates.
Discussed further below are the best tips that will help candidates manage stress and anxiety caused due to the pressure of cracking the exam and scoring well. Interested candidates can also get acquainted with SBI Exams 2021 at the linked article.
10 Key Tips for Stress Management During Bank Exam Preparation
A lot of candidates while preparing for the competitive exams go through anxiety and worry about the final result and outcome of the exam. This generally results in distracted studies and extreme pressure than required.
Given below are a few tips that will help candidates preparing for the SBI Junior Associate exam in a stress-free manner:
- Go Through the Notification Carefully – Though not many changes are made in the exam pattern for the SBI Clerk exam, still candidates who have applied for the exam multiple times tend to skip checking the exam pattern in the notification. Knowing about the changes beforehand is better than realising about them after seeing the question paper
- Set Achievable Goals – While setting up the timetable, ensure the target set is achievable and not exhausting and burdening. When a candidate is unable to achieve the set goals, stress increases
- Create Your Own Study Space – A peaceful space with no disturbance and distraction is important. Even if 2 hours are spent a day on bank exam preparation, it must be with complete concentration. Preparing concepts but not clearly understanding them can cause stress
- Take Small Breaks at Regular Intervals – Dedicating 6 to 7 hours a day for preparation without any breaks can be very exhausting and may fluster one’s mind. Thus, taking small breaks to refresh the mind is extremely important. The study plan must have at least one small interval at every hour or two, where the candidate can freshen up themselves and then continue again with the preparation
- Do Not fill in incorrect/inappropriate details in the Application Form – Since every bit of information added in the registration form is rechecked by the conducting authorities, ensure that no error or incorrect data is mentioned. Even after qualifying all stages of examination, if any discrepancy is found, the candidate’s candidature can be cancelled, resulting in last-minute stress and anxiety
- Ensure you have all Documents Required – To avoid any last-minute confusion, go through the list of documents required mentioned in the official notification that shall be required during the course of recruitment. Being prepared in advance can always act as a benefit for the candidate
- Take Time out for Activities You Enjoy – Keeping the mind light is extremely important. Keep it distracted by indulging in activities you enjoy during the breaks. Listen to music, go for walks, meet friends and family and stay calm and composed
- Keep Revising what you Learn – Since the syllabus is a bit comprehensive, make sure that some quality time is devoted for revision so that while preparing new topics, the old part does not clear itself off. Revise formulae and tricks from all important topics regularly
- Do Not Think About the Result – Focus must be on preparation and not on wondering what the result will be. The competition is very tough and only hard work can boost a candidate’s probability of qualifying for bank exams. Ensure that you do not think about the outcome of the online examinations and only focus on working hard, the result shall match your expectation
- Practise is the Key – The more you practice, the better your understanding of the concept will get and you will be able to answer questions asked in any format. This shall boost the candidate’s confidence which is extremely important to crack competitive exams
The scheme of selection for the Junior Associate post in the State Bank of India comprises two online examinations: prelims and mains, which are expected to be conducted from July 2021 onwards. All applicants can download their SBI Clerk Admit Card at the linked article and know the instructions to be followed at the exam venue.
Aspirants who missed a chance to apply this year can move forward with their preparation for the 2022 recruitment.